What is coaching?
Coaching is a powerful relationship in which client and coach partner to achieve the client’s visions and goals. The client (you) sets the agenda for your transformation, and the coach (Marcia) listens deeply and asks powerful questions to help you remove obstacles and make positive change. As you accelerate toward your goals, Marcia’s role is to provide support, empathy, honesty, and accountability.
How is coaching different from therapy?
Coaching is future-focused, goal-oriented, and typically shorter-term than therapy. Coaching helps you move toward what you want and isn’t geared toward healing emotional issues from your past. There are times when a coach will refer a client to a therapist before or concurrent with coaching.
Click on the photos to see VIDEO of Marcia in action!
What is Marcia’s typical coaching process?
- Step 1: Free 30-minute coaching session for both of us to see if our chemistry is right
- Step 2: 90-minute Discovery session to clarify your vision/goals/current situation
- Step 3: Coaching process; usually 6-8 sessions
- Typical session: 60 minutes by phone with “homework” in between
- Typical duration: 2-3 month period
- Fees upon request
Here are a few open-ended questions that will jump-start your coaching session with Marcia. Take a minute and mull these over…these will be invaluable in session or simply give you some food for thought!”
- Describe your “dream career.” What, when, where, with whom?
- If there were a secret ambition in your life, what would it be?
- What are five of your “gifts” or talents?
- How are you your own worst enemy?
- What is the greatest personal change you’d like to see in the coming year?
Reasons why some people hire coaches…
- Create a more fulfilling career
- Create a more fulfilling life
- Follow your dream
- Deepen relationships
- Build a business
- Create a better family/social life
- Deal better with people at work
- Deal better with people at home
- Make more money
- Re-evaluate current priorities
- Improve leadership or other skills
- Re-claim forgotten parts of yourself
- Bring your life into balance
- Build support system or community
Coaching can be done in person, on the phone or via Skype.
Marcia also will lead group coaching sessions.